What is Krav Maga?
- Krav Maga (/krɑːv məˈɡɑː/; Hebrew: קְרַב מַגָּע ; lit. “contact-combat”) is a military self-defense system that consists of a combination of techniques sourced from boxing, wrestling, muay Thai, jujutsu, aikido, judo, along with realistic fight training.
- It was derived from the street-fighting experience of Hungarian-Israeli martial artist Imi Lichtenfeld, who made use of his training as a boxer and wrestler as a means of defending the Jewish quarter against fascist groups in Bratislava, Czechoslovakia in the mid-to-late 1930s.
- In the late-1940s, following his migration to Israel, he began to provide lessons on combat training to what was to become the IDF.
- Krav Maga has been used by the Israel Defense Forces’ special forces units, the security apparatus, and by regular infantry units. There are several organizations teaching variations of Krav Maga internationally such as the British SAS,the US Marine Corps and SWAT teams.
Krav Maga Global
- The current President of KMG is Eyal Yanilov (b. 1959), who served as Imi’s assistant and is dedicated to the system since 1973. He holds the highest grade ever awarded by the system’s founder, Imi Lichtenfeld.
- Since its inception, the KMG is the largest and most professional Krav Maga organisation in the world. It currently has offices in more than 60 countries on all continents.
- In 2008, these countries were joined by the Czech Republic.
- KMG is the only Krav Maga organisation in the world, which is authorized by the Israeli Ministry of Defense to teach the system Krav Maga, the official combat and tactical system of the Israeli army (IDF).
- The main activities of the federation include methodological support for police and military instructors in different countries as well as civilian self-defense training.
Welcome to the Czech branch of Krav Maga Global!
We are the largest provider of Krav Maga training throughout the world, with our HQ based in Israel and with representation in over 60 countries. KMG teaches authentic Krav Maga as developed by my late teacher, and the founder of Krav Maga, Imi Sde-Or Lichtenfeld. As the closest assistant to the founder for almost 20 years, I continue to develop the system along with my Global & International Team of senior Instructors. Our Czech branch is lead by Expert Level Instructor Jakub Otipka and his team. KMG in the Czech Republic is one of our most established branches, offering unique training events and a large network of local clubs where you can learn the KMG system from Certified Instructors. I look forward to meeting you soon.